3.5 Assignment: Negotiation Ethics
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read the article 7 Quick Tips for Writing a Great Persuasive Essay. (https://thebestschools.org/magazine/tips-for-writing-persuasive-essay/)
- View the Ted Talk: How to disagree productively and find common ground. (https://www.ted.com/talks/julia_dhar_how_to_disagree_productively_and_find_common_ground?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare#t-14179)
- Develop at least five guidelines for negotiating or debating an issue to reach an ethical outcome. Each guideline should be clearly explained and well thought out.
- Each guideline should discuss what Shadow (Shadows were discussed in Chapter 1 of Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership) it will help to prevent from being exhibited in a debate or negotiation.
- Your list of guidelines should be at least one full page in length. Be sure to include your name on the paper and use proper grammar and spelling. These guidelines will be used in your discussions in Workshops Four and Five.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself (name your assignment “LastName _Negotationethics”) and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop.