Apply: Signature Assignment: Strategic Management Research Project Presentation
Create a 12- to 14-slide presentation, complete with speaker notes for Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team, in which you summarize your key findings, propose recommendations, and provide rationale for your recommendations.
The presentation is 12 to 14 slides and is appropriate for the audience (excluding the title slide and reference slide).
The presentation should include relevant media and visual aids
Address the following topics and prompts in your presentation:
Topic: Caterpillar Inc.’s Vision
- Summarize your evaluation of the alignment between what Caterpillar Inc. is currently doing and their mission, vision, or values statement.
- Recommend any changes you would make to Caterpillar Inc.’s mission, vision, or values statements to improve organizational goals.
Topic: Caterpillar Inc.’s Competitive Advantages and Disadvantages
- Summarize your analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of Caterpillar Inc.’s competitive advantages and disadvantages.
- Recommend operational changes to improve Caterpillar Inc.’s competitive advantages and business performance.
- Propose a plan to measure and monitor the effectiveness of your recommended operational changes in Caterpillar Inc.’s competitive advantages to achieve organizational goals.
Topic: Caterpillar’s Global Strategy
- Summarize your assessment of Caterpillar Inc.’s global strategy.
- Recommend operational changes to improve Caterpillar Inc.’s global strategy and business performance.
- Propose a plan to measure and monitor the effectiveness of your recommended operational changes to Caterpillar Inc.’s global strategy to achieve organizational goals.
Strategic Management Project Background
Page 2 of 2
Strategic Management Project Background
The intention of the Strategic Management Project is to provide you practical experience with the elements of strategic management. The project is spread across the 5-week period of the course. Weeks 14 provide an opportunity to put key terms into practice by appraising the strategic planning elements of Caterpillar Inc. through documentation in the Strategic Management Research Journal. The Week 5 concluding assignment showcases your understanding of strategic management and improvement in the formulation of a presentation to Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team.
For purposes of the Strategic Management Project, you will operate as if you are a new hire at the Caterpillar Inc. headquarters in the role of Assistant Strategic Development Analyst.
Assistant Strategic Development Analyst Job Description
· Maintain a Strategic Management Research Journal in which you:
· Appraise Caterpillar Inc.’s corporate data, competitors, and associated business information.
· Document background information to include previous and current strategic management of Caterpillar Inc.
· Assess the strengths and weaknesses of strategic management of Caterpillar Inc., based on your analyses, and provide information in a presentation to Caterpillar Inc. leadership.
· Recommend strategic management actions to ensure future success in a presentation to Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team.
About Caterpillar Inc.
Caterpillar Inc. is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. Caterpillar’s enterprise strategy focuses on solutions to help customers build a better world and allows the company to deliver profitable growth for their shareholders. The company’s corporate governance program ensures they serve the interests of stockholders and other stakeholders with the highest standards of responsibility, integrity, and compliance with all laws. Caterpillar’s global presence, product breadth, and financial strength enables the company to be competitive in today’s global marketplaces.
Copyright 2020 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2019 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.