Assignment 2 For Management Concept
Assignment 2: Complementary Partners
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Imagine you are working with a partner to plan and host a workshop on leadership. There will be 100 people attending. Within this assignment you will be creating a document that discusses the main components of leadership and corporate culture.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Address a key leadership trait that can assist in managing conflict.
- Discuss a tool or strategy a leader can adopt for improving communication within the organization.
- Describe some methods for motivating employees and improving behaviors within the workplace.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the primary functions of management (planning, organizing, leading, controlling) and the associated skills, tools, and theoretical approaches that can be used to accomplish these functions.
- Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
- Describe actions to improve communications, manage conflict, develop strong organizational culture, and improve the ethical behavior in organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
Your name here
DELETE THE INFORMATION IN THIS TEMPLATE BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PAPER! DO NOT SUBMIT A POWERPOINT FILE. THINK OF THIS AS THE PLANNING PROCESS FOR YOUR PRESENTATION. Introduction
In this section, you will introduce what your paper is about. An introduction sets the stage for the topics your paper will discuss. Start by thinking about the question(s) you are trying to answer. Provide information about the company you are choosing to discuss for this assignment. Introduce yourself and your partner. Your introduction should conclude with your topic sentence. A topic sentence is a concise summary of the main topics of your paper, typically written as one sentence. For this paper, there are three main topics, so be sure to include them all in your topic sentence.
Leadership Traits That Help Manage Conflict
In this section, you are asked to describe a key leadership trait that can assist in managing conflict. In Week 3, we learned about human skills. Part of human skills includes being able to manage conflict. Think about those characteristics and share which one(s) you feel is needed to manage conflict. For example, if a leader listens to employees well (listening being the human skill), it could resolve communication conflict at the workplace. Once you identify the trait (or traits), then explain how they help to manage conflict in the workplace.
Strategies to Improve Communication in the Workplace
In this section, you are asked to identify and discuss a tool or strategy (or both or more than one of either) a leader can adopt for improving communication within the organization. Again, in Week 3 of our course, we learned about human skills, one of which is communication. Think about the actions leaders need to take in order to foster good communication within the company. Once you identify the tool or strategy you recommend the leader use, then explain how the tool or strategy can help improve communication in the workplace.
Methods for Motivating Employees and Improving Employee Behavior
In this section, discuss some methods for motivating employees and improving behaviors within the workplace. We learned about ethics and employee behaviors in Week 5. Think about the actions leaders should take in order to help employees behave ethically and feel positively motivated to do their work. Once you identify these actions, explain how they help to motivate employees or how they help to improve employee behavior.
In this section, you will wrap everything up that you have in your paper. A conclusion summarizes the main points in your paper. For this paper, there are three main topics, so be sure to include them all in your conclusion.
This is where you list all of the resources you have used in your paper. Be sure to cite ideas you are using from your resources. Be sure to put direct quotes in quotation marks. Each source listed should have at least one citation in the body of your paper. Follow proper SWS formatting for listing your sources and citations.
Additional Tips for a Good Paper
1. Delete all of the wording in this template before submitting your paper. The information provided is simply to help you get a good understanding of the assignment topics and get a headstart on each section.
2. When you have completed your work, it is helpful to save the file with a different name such as BUS302 Assignment 2. This will help to prevent submitting the assignment template by mistake.
3. The paper should 3-5 pages long. If you discuss each of the three assigned topics – leadership traits that help with conflict, improving communication, motivating employees – in at least one page each, you will meet the length requirement.
4. Use headers, like the ones in this template, to help you organize your thoughts and focus on what the assignment is asking.
5. Always include a title page and page numbers. All papers must be submitted in a Word file. This is not a PowerPoint assignment! Think of this as the planning for your presentation.