Nutrition for Sports Performance
Graduate level writing
400 words or more
3 or more reference
Find something weird from overseas it can’t be one that someone else has.
This week, you are learning about fueling the athlete. For this forum, I want you to find an energy drink, for example, Dr. Enuf (may be the first energy drink) or Jolt. You can find your energy drink by using the web or by going to a store. Locate the list of ingredients and nutrition facts label. You will need this for your forum post. Do not select an energy drink someone else has used.
In the Forum, tell us the following things:
List of ingredients and tell us why each ingredient is in the product. Be sure to provide references. I suggest you start with this website to find the functional property: http://nutritiondata.self.com/topics/food-additives. If the item is not on this list, then try the following resources:
Be very careful that you tell us the functional properties, not the health properties, of the ingredient.
- Provide the nutritional information.
- How much caffeine does it contain? How does this compare to a cup of coffee? If the caffeine information is not provided, here is a website with that information: http://www.caffeineinformer.com/the-caffeine-database.
- Does it contain any other stimulants or energy boosters?
- Tell us the history of the product or something interesting about it.
- Evaluate the product. Is it safe? Would you use it? Why or why not?