Business Ethics & Financial Management
· Which of the following best describes ethics?
|·||·||An academic discipline which originated in the early 1900s|
|·||·||A descriptive approach that provides an account of how and why people do act the way they do|
|·||·||· The study of how human beings should properly live their lives|
|·||·||· A descriptive approach such as psychology and sociology|
· Which of the following helps identify potential events that may affect the entity and manage risk to be within its risk appetite in order to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of entity objectives?
|·||·||· Risk aversion|
|·||·||· Risk benchmarking|
|·||·||· Risk assessment|
|·||·||· Risk minimization|
· Telling organizations that their ethical responsibilities end with obedience to the law:
|·||·||· is just inviting more legal regulation.|
|·||·||· is enough to maintain an ethical business environment.|
|·||·||· reduces the frequency of corporate scandals.|
|·||·||· eliminates ambiguity while making personal ethics-related decisions.|
· Ethics requires that human welfare be promoted:
|·||·||· based on the personal opinions of the decision maker.|
|·||·||· based on the level of need of the beneficiaries.|
|·||·||· understanding the religious beliefs of the beneficiary.|
|·||·||· in a manner that is acceptable and reasonable from all relevant points of view.|
· Which of the following can be thought of as the answer to the fundamental questions of theoretical reason?
|·||·||· The scientific method|
|·||·||· The practical approach|
|·||·||· The contingency approach|
|·||·||· The normative model|
Differentiate the concepts of morality and social ethics. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.