Career Planning And Management
Two (2) Parts
An essential part of obtaining a position is interviewing. There are many interview styles, and at times, it can be difficult to know how to answer questions. The key to a successful interview is practice.
Part 1: Address the following 6 interview questions to the best of your ability. You can select a company or position from your career research to help direct your answers.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about a time when your supervisor was not satisfied with the quality of your work. What actions did you take?
- Describe a job experience when you successfully communicated with someone who did not personally like you.
- What are your salary requirements?
- Why should I hire you?
Part 2: Part of interview preparation is researching your desired career to understand the responsibilities and requirements the employer is looking for in the ideal candidate. Reflect on your responses to the interview questions, and answer the following:
- Were you able to highlight the qualifications needed for your desired career? Explain why or why not.
- Discuss the skills and experiences you want to develop or improve. What steps will you take to do so?