Complementary and Alternative Health Care
Using textbook readings, Web sites such as National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), CultureVision, Healthy People 2020, and the Capella University Library, research the importance of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) as you explore its impact on traditional health care services.
In your initial post, respond to the following:
- Describe the impact and integration of CAM into the conventional health care system.
- Select two modalities defined by NCCAM, National Health Interview Survey, or some other source.
- Provide an example for each selected modality of CAM, either one you recall from your personal knowledge or experience, or one you develop.
- To what extent do you think cultural values support beliefs and behaviors relative to a health care user’s choice between conventional and complementary or alternative medicine?
- Describe one of the following health care systems: biomedical, popular, folk and traditional, or alternative, and explain how it is related to belief systems.
- Take the role of a health care leader challenged with diversifying the workforce, select two factors, and discuss why they are important or influential.
Read the posts of your peers and respond to at least two. Develop and present follow-up questions or supporting statements that may help clarify their perspectives.