Personal Consumption Practices
Write a paper that discusses your own consumption practices over the last ten years. List and explain the ways that online consumption activities have replaced or modified your real world consumption activities.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here
Create a 7-9 slide PowerPoint presentation outlining the pros and cons of e-commerce. Be sure to include the following slides as part of your presentation:
- Cover slide that states the topic, your name, instructor’s name, class name, and the due date.
- An agenda slide that outlines what points will be expanded on during the presentation.
- At least 2 slides defining the pros and at least 2 slides defining the cons.
- A summary slide that recaps your pros and cons.
- Avoid filling a slide with a full paragraph or long sentence. Use bullet points.
- Avoid music or other sound effects. Transitions with motion effects can be effective when used appropriately. Use appropriately sized clip art.
- Keep with a traditional color scheme, light font on a dark background or vice versa so your presentation is viewer-friendly.
- Your font type should not be smaller than 24 point for this presentation.