Corporate Social Responsibility: OD Pactitioner
You are the leader of a management team about to hire an organization development practitioner to conduct a team-building exercise with your staff. The staff generally gets along well, though you feel that the team’s performance could be better. You would like the OD practitioner to propose an intervention to help the team improve.
- Identify the top 8 to 10 skills or knowledge areas you would want your practitioner to possess.
- How would you find the consultant that matched your skill or knowledge needs?
- Would any of these skill or knowledge needs be the same even if you had a different problem to address?
- Would you select an internal or an external consultant? Why?
- How would you know if a consultant held the skills you seek?
- If you were the practitioner, how would you show that you held these skills?
- From a practitioner’s viewpoint, would you select different skills to be important to this engagement? Why or why not?