Course Name : Ethical/Legal Aspects Of Management
Assignment: Turnitin-Ethical Dilemmas
As you saw in the last workshop, leaders cast light when they master the ethical challenges of leadership. They cast shadows when they abuse power, hoard privileges, mismanage information, act inconsistently, misplace or betray loyalties, or fail to assume responsibilities. This assignment will help you examine your perceptions regarding the ethical dilemmas faced by leaders and examine some light-casting qualities depicted by ethical leaders.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Identify legal and ethical leadership dilemmas that effect managerial decision making.
- Distinguish leadership actions that cast light from those that cast shadows.
- Examine the guidelines offered by the world and the Bible for ethical living.
- Distinguish behavior accepted by those serving the world from behavior by those serving Christ.
- Textbook: Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership
- Article: White’s Biblical Principles
- Website:Whistleblower Protection
- Article: Whistle Blowing in the Public Sector
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Review Chapters 1 and 3 in Meeting the Ethical Challenge of Leadership textbook.
- Read Chapter12 – Focusing on the Three Stages of a Crisis, Practice Transparency and Blowing the Whistle: Ethical Tension Points in Meeting the Ethical Challenge of Leadership textbook.
- Read White’s Biblical Principles. : https://brightspace.indwes.edu/content/enforced/120839-3FA2020MGMT-512-01A/White%27s%20Principles%20512.pdf?_&d2lSessionVal=pdnShIhg4mzJ8SLhlsbc2QSXY&ou=120839
- Read the article Whistle Blowing in the Public Sector. : https://www.scu.edu/government-ethics/resources/what-is-government-ethics/whistle-blowing-in-the-public-sector/
- Visit Website: Whistleblower Protection. : https://www.whistleblowers.gov/about-us
- Choose and read two articles from the list below:
- Uber : https://search.proquest.com/docview/2130243492?accountid=6363
- Wells Fargo : https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/video/wells-fargo-fraud
- Firestone Tire recall : https://danielsethics.mgt.unm.edu/pdf/Firestone%20Case.pdf
- BP Deepwater oil spill : https://pagecentertraining.psu.edu/public-relations-ethics/ethics-in-crisis-management/lesson-1-prominent-ethical-issues-in-crisis-situations/case-study-tbd/
- Daraprim Turing Pharmaceuticals : https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Daraprim-Price-Hike.pdf
- Atlanta School Scandal : https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/case-study/cheating-atlantas-school-scandal
- Starbucks : https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/case-study/meet-me-at-starbucks
- Massive Admissions Scandal : http://ir.westcliff.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Massive-Admissions-Scandal.pdf
- Volkswagen : https://www.nature.com/news/the-science-behind-the-volkswagen-emissions-scandal-1.18426
- Theranos : https://ecampusontario.pressbooks.pub/bio16610w18/chapter/what-went-wrong-with-theranos/
- Using MS Word, write a research paper with a minimum of 600 total words in which you will discuss the following for each case:
- Briefly summarize the facts of the case.
- Identify the types of ethical and/or legal challenges discussed in the article.
- Determine which type of shadow, as described in Chapter 1 of Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership, best describes each ethical challenge. Analyze how this shadow impacts the stakeholders. Provide a detailed evaluation that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking.
- Was the ethical challenge brought to light by a whistleblower? If so, was whistleblowing the appropriate ethical action?
- Evaluate the ethical and legal challenges of the article using White’s five biblical business ethics principles discussed in this workshop. Which biblical principle, if any, does each ethical or legal challenge violate? Provide a detailed evaluation that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking.
- Use proper spelling, grammar, and APA formatting and include at least five scholarly sources for your research paper. (Note: cover pages, academic sources, reference pages, etc. do not count towards the word length requirement in your paper.)
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself (name your assignment “LastName_EthicalDilemmas”) and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop (Turnitin will be enabled).
Must follow the ruberics attachments all the 3 documents about how to do the homework and its process. and what professor is looking for.