Course Name : Ethical/Legal Aspects Of Management
Question : Negotiation Ethics
Question Description : Below Information
The ability to craft a coherent argument and to express those arguments with others in a discussion are essential skills to encourage productive, active engagement. Discussing an ethical issue with peers or even a supervisor can bring much-needed insight into how the situation should be dealt with. Drawing from other experiences can provide an idea of what is right or wrong or, at the very least, how to address the issue further.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Examine the key skills involved in ethical negotiating.
- Develop an ethical culture for team performance.
- Evaluate methods for encouraging ethical behavior.
- Appraise situations containing ethical and legal compliance issues.
- Textbook: Meeting the Ethical Challenge of Leadership textbook.
- Website: 7 Quick Tips for Writing a Great Persuasive Essay
- Video: Ted Talk: How to disagree productively and find common ground
Many leaders and employees are not comfortable discussing ethical issues. Ethics topics can feel threatening and an invasion of privacy. Some people may unintentionally offend others or not be aware that their attitudes are unethical.
Arguments move ideas forward, improve concepts, and can even improve relationships.
As a leader, determine what rules or guidelines need to be in place to engage in an ethical debate or negotiation that will help encourage a positive outcome.
You will work to develop a set of rules governing how you feel others should treat one another during ethical discussions.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read the article 7 Quick Tips for Writing a Great Persuasive Essay.
4. Develop at least five guidelines for negotiating or debating an issue to reach an ethical outcome. Each guideline should be clearly explained and well thought out.
5. Each guideline should discuss what Shadow (Shadows were discussed in Chapter 1 of Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership) it will help to prevent from being exhibited in a debate or negotiation.
6. Your list of guidelines should be at least one full page in length. Be sure to include your name on the paper and use proper grammar and spelling. These guidelines will be used in your discussions in Workshops Four and Five.
7. When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself (name your assignment “LastName _Negotationethics”) and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop.
The Criteria for completing this home work is please follow the instructions as it says in rubric 3.5