Data Analysis And Business Analytics
There are two assignments. Please read the assignment carefully. If you have any questions please let me know.
No Plagiarism please.
1. Market Analysis Research
MBA Business Plan component
One of the most important elements in a business plan is the market analysis. A market analysis is a qualitative and quantitative assessment of a market. It includes data collection and estimation in reference to the market size and value; characteristics of the intended customer base; in-depth understanding of the competition; barriers to entry and the regulatory environment. An accurate and detailed market analysis allows entrepreneurs to determine whether the market is sufficiently large to build a sustainable, profitable business. In this assignment, you will prepare a portion of the market analysis for your proposed business. You will create a report that can be included as part of your digital portfolio.
Write a 525-word report that includes the following sections:
· Section 1: Business overview, mission and vision
· Section 2: Market analysis
· Section 3: Recommendation
USE the Market Analysis Research details on what to include in each section
Section 1 – Business overview, mission and vision
Describe the proposed business. Address the following in your summary:
· What type of product/service will it offer?
· What is the intended market?
· What is the business model?
Articulate the business’s mission and vision statements.
Section 2 – Market analysis
Based on your intended product or service, describe the characteristics of your customer base.
Investigate and list your current competitors. For example, if you’re manufacturing and selling exercise equipment, current competitors would be companies like NordicTrack or Nautilus, Inc. To simplify the process, limit yourself to businesses you are competing directly against. If your business is a local bistro, then your competitors are other local similar restaurants.
Research and estimate the size of your intended market. Market size is the number of potential customers or unit sales for your products/services. Consider the nature of your business when researching market size. For instance, if your business is a local bistro, then your market size is determined by the population within a reasonable radius of the restaurant, say, 5-15 miles maximum. On the other hand, if your business intends to sell a low-weight mountain bicycle online, then the market size is the average number of low-weight mountain bicycles sold nationwide annually.
Estimate the value of your market. Market value is the potential revenues the market has to offer. For instance, suppose low-weight mountain bicycles have a market size of 300,000 units a year with a $500 average price. Then the market value would be $150,000,000.
It can be difficult to estimate market value as you must make assumptions related to market size and average unit price. Use the expected value concept introduced in Chapter 6 of the textbook and the chart below to do the estimation.
|Expected Market Value: Mountain Bicycle Scenario|
|Assumptions||Probability p(x)||Units (‘000)||Avg. Unit Price ($)||Market Value (‘$000)|
|Expected Market Value (‘$000)||102,110|
Estimate the total addressable market or TAM. This is the fraction of the total market you realistically estimate to get. Most businesses have a relatively modest market share, well under 20%. For example, if we expect to get a 5% share of the mountain bicycle market, then our TAM would be: 0.05 * $102,110,000 = $5,105,500 or approximately $5.1 million.
Based on the information collected, do you feel it is a good idea to continue with the implementation of the business? Explain why or why not.
Cite references to support your assignment.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.
2. Globalization and Information Research
This assignment is intended to give you an opportunity to strengthen your skills in gathering and analyzing business-related information. It provides a deeper understanding of how companies can look at globalization as part of their strategic and operational plans. The assignment has two parts: one focused on information research and analysis, and the other is on applied analytics.
· Microsoft Excel®
· “ How Netflix Expanded to 190 Countries in 7 Years ” from Harvard Business Review
Part 1: Globalization and Information Research
Context: Companies that perform well in their country of origin usually consider expanding operations in new international markets. Deciding where, how, and when to expand is not an easy task, though.
Many issues need to be considered before crafting an expansion strategy and investing significant resources to this end, including:
· the level of demand to be expected for the company’s products/services
· presence of local competitors
· the regulatory, economic, demographic, and political environments
Carefully researching and analyzing these and other factors can help mitigate the inherent risk associated with an overseas expansion strategy, thus increasing the likelihood of success.
As a data analyst in your company’s business development department, you’ve been tasked with the responsibility of recommending countries for international expansion. You’ll write a report to the company’s executive team with your research, analysis, and recommendations.
Write a 525-word summary covering the following items:
· According to the article listed above, what were the most important strategic moves that propelled Netflix’s successful international expansion?
· The article mentions investments in big data and analytics as one of the elements accompanying the second phase of overseas expansion. Why was this investment important? What type of information did Netflix derive from the data collected?
· According to the article, what is exponential globalization?
· Not all international expansion strategies are a resounding success, however. Research an article or video that discusses an instance in which an American company’s expansion efforts in another country failed. According to the article/video you selected, what were the main reasons for this failure? Do you agree with this assessment?
· Explain some of the reasons why certain companies’ expansion plans have failed in the past.
Part 2: Hypothesis testing
Context: Your organization is evaluating the quality of its call center operations. One of the most important metrics in a call center is Time in Queue (TiQ), which is the time a customer has to wait before he/she is serviced by a Customer Service Representative (CSR). If a customer has to wait for too long, he/she is more likely to get discouraged and hang up. Furthermore, customers who have to wait too long in the queue typically report a negative overall experience with the call. You’ve conducted an exhaustive literature review and found that the average TiQ in your industry is 2.5 minutes (150 seconds).
Another important metric is Service Time (ST), also known as Handle Time, which is the time a CSR spends servicing the customer. CSR’s with more experience and deeper knowledge tend to resolve customer calls faster. Companies can improve average ST by providing more training to their CSR’s or even by channeling calls according to area of expertise. Last month your company had an average ST of approximately 3.5 minutes (210 seconds). In an effort to improve this metric, the company has implemented a new protocol that channels calls to CSR’s based on area of expertise. The new protocol (PE) is being tested side-by-side with the traditional (PT) protocol.
· ProtocolType: indicates protocol type, either PT or PE
· QueueTime: Time in Queue, in seconds
· ServiceTime: Service Time, in seconds
· Perform a test of hypothesis to determine whether the average TiQ is lower than the industry standard of 2.5 minutes (150 seconds). Use a significance level of α=0.05.
· Evaluate if the company should allocate more resources to improve its average TiQ.
· Perform a test of hypothesis to determine whether the average ST with service protocol PE is lower than with the PT protocol. Use a significance level of α=0.05.
· Assess if the new protocol served its purpose. (Hint: this should be a test of means for 2 independent groups.)
· Submit your calculations and a 175-word summary of your conclusions.