No plagiarism, no match, please
and Using APA style reference
Using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.
The Answer should be 4-5 pages
he first 2 questions which worth 5 points should Submit on 15th October
And the project states 2200-2800 words
I need the first 2 questions in 8 hours
Saudi Electronic University
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
ECOM101 – E-commerce
Part 1: End of week 7, Thursday 15th of October 2020 5 Marks
Part 2: End of week 13, Thursday 26th of November 2020 10 Marks
In this project, you are required to evaluate one of the websites below based on what you learn from this course and your perspective. The evaluation will cover the different aspects of E-Commerce such as business idea, website design, marketing, security … etc.
You will need to analyze the business and provide suggestions to improve the current business situation.
Current e-commerce businesses: (choose one)
The following questions require critical thinking to be answered successfully. The answers to these questions will drive the ways of improvement of the current e-commerce business.
1. Know the business 3.5 marks
· What is the business? (your choice)
· What is the idea? (the visioning process)
· Introduce the e-commerce business you have chosen.
· Provide an overview of the business idea
· Product and type of services.
· What are the different types of products? Explain
· What kinds of services does the online store provide? [ customer service, exchange and return, delivery, and payment options] Explain
· Business statement.
· Business vision.
· Business objective.
· Where is the money?
· What is the company’s business model?
· What is the revenue model? Give a general idea of how the business generates revenues
· Who and where is the target audience? Explain demographics, lifestyle, consumption patterns, etc.
· Characterize the marketplace.
· Size, growth, demographics, structure, competition
· Research the market and give an idea about each point
· Describe the content of the business website
· Conduct a SWOT analysis for the business (Explain each point)
· At least three points for each
· Develop an e-commerce presence map.
· (For example: website, email … etc.)
· What activities does the company use these platforms for? (E.g. marketing, customer service, news…etc.)
2. Explain the design of the system 1.5 marks
· Explain in detail the design of the system (business objectives, system functionality, information provided)
|Business Objective||System Functionality||Information provided|
|Ex: Display goods||Digital Catalog||Dynamic text and graphics catalog|
· What can be improved or added into the system design?
3. Explain the current business e-commerce features 1 mark
· What are the current website features?
· What types of these features can be annoying to customers? Provide pictures.
· What can you do to improve the current features on the website?
4. Explain the business e-commerce process 1 marks
· Explain in detail all the steps from the time user enters the website until the final user buys a product.
· What can be improved in the process?
5. Site Design 1.5 marks
· Evaluate the website design focusing on the eight most important factors in successful e-commerce site design (ease of use, ease of purchase, simple graphics … etc.). You are required to evaluate each factor.
· What can be improved in the site design to be one of the most successful e-commerce websites?
6. Business software 1 marks
The development of an e-commerce website requires more interactive functionalities, such as the ability to respond to user input (name and address forms), capturing customer orders for goods and services, clearing credit card transactions on the fly, consolidating price and product databases, and even adjusting advertising on the screen based on user characteristics.
· Explain the different types of software used on the website to perform the current functionalities.
· What can be done to improve the software?
7. Payment and Security 1.5 marks
· What are the methods of payment available in the online store?
· What other methods can be added? Explain why?
· What are the technologies used on the website to secure the online transactions?
· What other technologies can be added? Explain why?
8. Categorize marketing and advertising strategy and method. 1 mark
· Explain the current online, offline, and social media marketing strategies of the e-commerce business?
· What can be done to improve the marketing aspects of the business?
9. Know your competitors. 2 marks
· Choose a website of one competitor in the same industry (locally or globally) and compare it with your chosen company’s site. Indicate why the competitor’s website is better or worse than the chosen company’s website. Provide screenshots with explanation.
· What can be done by learning from your competitor’s experience?
10. Conclude your report. 1 mark
Summarize the above points and include your recommendation to improve the e-commerce business.
|Submission||Due Date||Point Covered||Marks|
|First Submission||End of week 7Thursday||1-2||5|
|Second Submission||End of week 13Thursday||3-10||10|
Guidelines for the assignment:
· The answer sheet must include the following:
· Cover page
· Make sure to include the cover page with all information required. One mark will be deducted if there is no cover page
· This is a group project (3-4 students), which is part of your course score. It requires effort, research, and critical thinking.
· You are required to choose one current business from the list.
· Each website can be chosen by one group only.
· Use font Times New Roman, 12 font size
· Use 1.5 line spacing with adjust to all paragraphs (alignment).
· Use the footer function to insert page number.
· Ensure that you follow the APA style in your project and references.
· The minimum number of required references is 5 references using APA style.
· Your whole project report length should be between 2200 to 2800 words.
· You must check the spelling and grammar mistakes before submitting the assignment.
· Up to 20% of the total grade will be deducted for providing a poor structure of assignment. Structure includes these elements paper style, free of spelling and grammar mistakes, referencing and word count.
· Your file should be saved as Word Doc. [Example]: Your name_CRN_ECOM101_ Project Assignment Part 1