EMERGING WEEK 1 DQ
After this weeks readings and your own research, describe and discuss ways, if any, we can safely share security data.Are there precautions we can take, technical solutions we can use, e.g., like using the CIA triad, or should we just not share these kinds of data? Feel free to argue for and against, just make sure to back up your statements with scholarly support.
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA 7)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Main Post is due by the end of Thursday (250 words minimum).
2 Responses (100 words minimum) using at least one of the following:
- Ask a probing question.
- Offer a suggestion.
- Elaborate on a particular point.
- Provide an alternative opinion.
Read: Textbook Chapters 1 & 2 (Course e-book located in the Start Here link on the left hand navigation pane of the course)
Fisk, G., Ardi, C., Pickett, N., Heidemann, J., Fisk, M., & Papadopoulos, C. (2015, May). Privacy principles for sharing cyber security data. In 2015 IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops (pp. 193-197). IEEE.
A. N. Kamenskih, M. A. Filippov and A. A. Yuzhakov, “The Development of Method for Evaluation of Information Security Threats in Critical Systems,” 2020 IEEE Conference of Russian Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EIConRus), St. Petersburg and Moscow, Russia, 2020, pp. 333-336.
Petac Eugen, & Duma Petruţ. (2018). Exploring the New Era of Cybersecurity Governance. Ovidius University Annals: Economic Sciences Series, 1, 358.