Management Of Projects
PPM502 Management of Projects
MODULE: COURSEWORK ASSIGNMENT DETAILS
1. Title: Management of Projects.
2. Aim: To form part of the MSc examinations.
3. Background: Project management is a growing field that is used increasingly by businesses of all sizes. It is important for organizations to have competent project managers that can oversee projects from conception to completion in order to achieve project goals within given constraints. A survey by McKinsey & Co. on the importance of project management; reported that nearly 60 percent of senior executives (out of 1,440 senior executives) said “building a strong project management discipline is a top-three priority for their companies as they look to the future”. In conclusion, project management strategies drive organizational success where the delivery of business outcomes is realized through successful projects.
4. Task: In this assignment, you will explore an advanced topic in Agile project management not covered in class. You will demonstrate the broad knowledge you acquired in class by exploring a specific domain in more depth. You will read on a particular technique and application of Agile project management, as reported in recent publications, and write a critique after obtaining a solid understanding of the application.
5. Below is sample structure:
3. Literature appraisal
4. Findings and analysis
6. Conclusion (implications to practice and research, and future work)
7. Late Assignment Submissions: Failing to meet the assignment submission deadline will result in a penalty percentage mark deduction.
8. Submission Guidelines: Your report must be submitted using the Turnitin, the tool within Blackboard for submitting assignments. A folder will be provided for you.
9. Evaluation Criteria
The grading will be broken down based on the criteria described in Table below.
|Presentation||based on quality of presentation||Style||Overall presentation style||5%|
|Understanding||Demonstrated understanding and question-answering||5%|
|Total for Presentation||10%|
|Report||based on quality of report||Basic Criteria||Understanding of the Agile topic (clarity, soundness, significance). How the domain is related to project management?||10%|
|Overall organization and readability, academic writing style||5%|
|Referencing style and completeness||5%|
|Total for Basic Criteria||20%|
|Additional Criteria||Applications of the topic selected||10%|
|Coverage of the selected topic (breadth and depth)||15%|
|Critical evaluation of selected domain for review, weaknesses in current work||15%|
|Conceptual and practical causes for the weaknesses identified||10%|
|Total for Additional Criteria||50%|
|Exceptional Criteria||Demonstrated understanding of state-of-the-art: How well is the Review structured? How much breadth/depth is covered by the Review? How well does the report explain existing work and related work?||20%|
|Total for Exceptional Criteria||20%|
|Total for the report||90%|
|Delay (deduct 2% from the achieved mark up to day 5)|
|Total for the assignment 100%|
Page 1 | 2