(1) Within the Discussion Board area, write 400-600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
A performance appraisal meeting is held periodically at Matrix so that managers and employees can discuss the results of the performance review and develop positive outcomes. Although at times, managers and employees may have challenges conducting a productive performance appraisal meeting, there are some strategies that can be used to add value and reduce anxiety among managers and employees. With your fellow classmates, please discuss the following:
- What makes performance appraisal meetings valuable?
- Why is it important to discuss the performance diagnosis and future planning during the meeting?
- Why should the manager and employee arrange follow up meetings?
(2) 700-900 words
Your supervisor, Annalise, the Human Resources Director at Matrix, has reviewed your research on performance appraisals and is very impressed with your work. She asks you to continue research into the link between training and performance management. She asks you to prepare a report about the following aspects of training:
- Why should managers and employees be trained on performance management?
- What performance management topics can managers and employees be trained on and why?
- What types of rater bias that can be addressed with effective training?