Mgt301 – Organizational Behaviour
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 10/11/2020 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Organizational Behavior||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT301||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1441/1442 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Dr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/ 05||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
· number the answer.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
|1||Apply Organizational behavior knowledge and skills to manage diversified culture in the organizational settings (Lo 2.2).|
Colquitt, J. A., LePine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2019). Organizational behaviour: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace (6th ed). Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill Irwin.
Case Study: –
Case: Whole Foods
Please read the case “Whole Foods” from Chapter 11 “Team Characteristics And Diversity”
Page: – 362 given in your textbook – Organizational behaviour: Improving performance and commitment in the workplace (6th ed ). by Colquitt, J. A., LePine, J. A., & Wesson, M. J. (2019) and Answer the following Questions:
1. What label would best describe the type of team that Whole Foods uses in its stores? Explain.
(1.25 Marks )
2. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of Whole Foods’ hiring process with respect to managing team composition. (1.25 Marks )
3. What steps could Whole Foods take to mitigate potential disadvantages of their hiring process?
(1.25 Marks )
Discussion Question: Please read Chapter 11 “ Team Characteristics and Diversity” carefully and then give your answers on the basis of your understanding.
4. In which types of teams have you worked? Were these teams consistent with the taxonomy of team types discussed in this chapter, or were they a combination of types? (1.25 Marks )
Due date for the submission of Assignment:- 2
· Assignment-2 should posted in the Black Board by end of Week-09.
· The due date for the submission of Assignment-1 is end of Week-11.