Chapters 7 and 8 expound upon the relationship of both leaders and followers in a leader’s role. Please read both chapters. Then, answer the following questions in at least 250 words.
- Explain LMX theory, including the following concepts: vertical dyads, in-group and out-group, and personality and subordinate initiative as predictors of group status.
- Contrast the experiences of in-group and out-group members. Have you observed groups that fit these descriptions in an organization in which you work or with which you affiliate? Give specific examples to support your observations.
- Explain in what ways technology use has enhanced or hindered your working relationship with a leader or follower… for example texting (instead of phoning), use of social media sites (instead of in-person conversation), and so on.
- In Chapter 8, the author explains that transformational leadership has been defined as the “New Leadership” paradigm. Based on the introductory paragraph to this chapter, discuss what Bass and Riggio (2006) and what Lowe and Gardner (2001) define as the reasons why this leadership style is so important to leadership research.
- Explain the concept of transformational leadership.
- Distinguish between transactional and transformational leadership.v