The Dissertation Research Prospectus
The work this week is designed to help you start thinking about the various content areas of the Research Prospectus. The Research Prospectus is a planning document for your future dissertation research and serves as the first major milestone deliverable in your dissertation journey. In the document, you will develop your research area of focus, aligned with your degree program field of study and/or concentration, as well as your plans to conduct the full literature review that will become Chapter 2 of your dissertation manuscript.
Go to the Doctoral Resource Center and find the Dissertation Process Flowchart. Once there, locate and download the Dissertation Research Prospectus Template. You will also find the link to the Research Prospectus Template under the Learning Materials.
Once you have reviewed the Research Prospectus Template, respond to the following questions:
- What areas of the Prospectus have you already thought about and are confident you can address?
- What sections of the Research Prospectus have you already begun to draft in prior courses?
- What are the areas of the Prospectus that are new to you?
- What additional resources housed in the Doctoral Resource Center could you use to familiarize yourself with the Prospectus areas that you need to learn more about?
- What is your plan for addressing those areas with which you are less familiar?