For these discussions, you are required to make two substantive comments with relation to the topic. A simple “I agree” will not work. These discussions are meant to help you interact with the other students and gain different viewpoints on the topic. Each comment is worth 15 points.
You do not have to answer any or all of the questions below. Just express your facts/opinions based on the topic.
Fatigue is a major safety concern in aviation. After watching the above video, discuss one or more of the following questions:
- What mitigating steps (if any) are effective in reducing the risks associated with a person who is fatigued?
- What cost benefits could be presented as incentive for airlines to be more proactive about protecting pilots from fatigue?
- What steps can or should be taken to combat fatigue?
- How effective will the new FAR part 117 rules be in reducing pilot fatigue?
- Should Part 121 rest and duty regulations still be allowed for Cargo Pilots?
- What do you think is a tolerable rest period?
These are suggested discussion points. You do not have to answer or discuss all of these.