Week 8 Discussion Bus 599
Plan Assumption and FinancialsCOLLAPSEOverall Rating:
Before beginning work on this discussion post, review Chapter 16, “The Financials,” in your textbook. You have already read this chapter during the previous week. With your review this week, specifically examine:
- “Assumption Sheet,” pages 323–324 and “Sample Plan: Assumptions,” page 332.
- “Sources and Use of Funds,” page 317 and “Sample Plan: Sources and Use of Funds,” page 331.
- “Break-Even Analysis,” pages 320–321.
The financial plan must be based on decisions and facts. Investors want to know whether your business plan is realistic.
For This Week’s Discussion, Please Respond to the Following
Provide a written overview of the plan assumptions and key financials based on the information contained in your business plan and your Business Plan Financials Excel Template.
Use headings (bold) to address each required topic.
Be sure to include:
Specific Worksheet in the Business Plan Financials Excel Template where the information can be found
Sales Projections worksheet
Setup and Staff Budgeting worksheets
Financing to Date and Funds you plan to raise from investors
Capital Investments worksheet
Use of Funds
Capital Expenditures worksheet
Income Statement worksheet
Important: do not copy tables from the Excel document in your discussion response. This is an overview of the key financials.
Post at least one substantive comment to another student’s post.
- You will use the information from this discussion post in the Week 10 assignment, Business Plan—Final.
- A bullet point under Part 1 asks you to incorporate financial information that will help to convince the investors