Week 9 Business 599 Discussion
To prepare for this week’s discussion post:
- Watch these LinkedIn Learning videos from the series Giving Your Elevator Pitch with Todd Dewett (use your student login for LinkedIn.com if prompted):
- Read Robert W. Bly’s article “The 3-Part Elevator Pitch Formula You Need to Know.”
This Week’s Discussion Post
For this week’s discussion, please respond to the following:
- Develop a 30-second elevator pitch for your selected company (whether you’re working with the snack food company scenario or the company of your choice), using the tips provided in the videos and article.
- Enclose your elevator speech within quotation marks.
- Provide a rationale for the components included in your pitch.
Optional: Week 9 Video Response Challenge
You may choose to make a video of your elevator speech if you wish, but this is not required. This will give you excellent practice for doing a “live” elevator speech someday!
- Reminder: If you do choose to make a video of your speech, you still need to provide your written elevator speech that includes a rationale for the components included in your pitch.
- You will find this resource, Kaltura Help [PDF], useful when recording your video and uploading it to the discussion thread.
Post at least one substantive comment to another student’s post.
With your response, include a brief description of your company: name, what business you are in, and the products or services you offer for sale.